This Golden Jubilee logo was used to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of Ford at the time of the NAA launch in 1953.
This practice of a simplified product line came to an end with the NAA in 1954. In that year Ford stopped production of their last one model tractor. The 600 and 800 series of tractors were launched. The 600 series tractors were based on the NAA design and aimed at the small farm equipment market, whereas the 800 series was more powerful and focused at larger farming applications.
The engine was a four cylinder 134 cu inch, overhead valve, valves were in the head. The engine was known as the “Red Tiger” engine. The hydraulic pump was located on the side of the engine and the PTO did not have to be engaged for the three point hitch to operate. The transmission was a four speed.
The Ford 501, 600, 601, 700, 701, 800, 801, 900, 901, 2000 and 4000 these tractors had essentially the same characteristics as the NAA, even in appearance. Ford was constantly improving their tractors, and later introduced the diesel engine models. Some options that were available on these series were the Select-O-Speed transmissions, two stage clutches, power steering and more. The Workmaster and Powermaster tractors were introduced in 1958, with model series from 601 through 901.
The 600 series featured the same 134 cubic inch engine as the NAA had. The 640 was essentially the same tractor as the NAA, the 650 featured a new five speed transmission, and the 660 had a five speed transmission and a live PTO, a feature which had been optional on the Jubilee. The 800 series featured an improved 172 cubic inch version of the NAA engine, and came standard with the new five speed transmission. The 850 had the independent PTO, as opposed to the live PTO of the 860.
Still working with the NAA as their basic design, Ford launched the 700 and 900 series to parallel the 600 and 800 in features, but with a three wheel design.
1957 was the year that Ford decided to spruce up the appearance and identification of their product line. The biggest change was the addition of a cross section of bars across the front grille. All existing models were kept the same in terms of specifications, but the 1 suffix was added in place of the 0 at the end of each model. Also, the differences between the engine size of the 600 and 800 Series, now the 601 and 801 Series, was augmented by the addition of Workmaster, designating the smaller 134 cubic inch engine, and Powermaster, which was used for the larger 172 cubic inch design. Liquid petroleum gas was now also an option on all Ford tractors.
In late 1961, Ford introduced the 2000 series to replace the 601, the 4000 line to replace the 801 series, and the 6000 as the top of the line, with a powerful six cylinder engine. The Ford 6000 was a failure, however, and Ford was forced to replace all of them due to technical problems. Making moves towards unification, the Fordson Super Dexta was imported and sold in America as the Ford 2000 Diesel, and the Fordson Super Major was imported as the Ford 5000. In 1964, a plant was opened at Antwerp, in Belgium, to provide for European tractor production. The world tractor line that Henry Ford had always favored was now a reality, with the same single set of tractors sold across the world. No longer would the Ford Tractor Division be separated into Ford and Fordson